Tuesday 10 June 2008

May TIF Challenge

I didn't do the May TIF challenge due to being ill for alot of the month, but I thought I would briefly comment on the concept. It was about what you call yourself in relation to your creative work.

I don't really have a need to call myself anything. I like the freedom of being able to dabble where ever my creative urges take me. I am in the exploring stages with my work. Maybe someday I will be a Textile artist or Art Quilter, depending on where my creativity takes me.

I don't like some of the snobbery that can go along with being called an Artist and if you don't have a degree or masters in fine art you are a nobody. I think that some of the best artists can be self taught, where they rely on their creative intuition and don't overthink their work.

Also I don't like the names Maker or Crafts person, I think they belittle the art that the person is creating.

Anyway, just a few of my ideas, I'm not sure what piece I would have developed this into. Maybe something to explore in the future.

Now onto June's TIF Challenge!!

No comments: