Tuesday 11 March 2008

March TIF Challenge

March is starting to run away so I better get onto the March TIF Challenge. This month it is:

"Do you ever notice the little things, the small moments, the details in life? This months challenge is to do just that, pay attention to the tiny details. Sometimes the small things become emblematic for something larger. That is it! I am going to keep it brief."


The colour scheme is:

I like this colour scheme but I don't know if I will do it or not, I'll be using some of the colours.

The very first thing that came to mind when I read this challenge was the saying, making the time to stop to smell the roses. Then my thoughts went to my own garden. I really enjoy, especially in Spring and Summer, exploring my garden. Taking the time to walk around and notice the subtle changes, the leaves that have grown, the buds that have opened, watching the ladybugs and bees, taking in the smells, the colours, feeling the breeze on my face and inhaling all the beautiful fragrances, watching fruits and vegetables developing, seeing the Willie Wagtails (small black birds that wiggle their tails) jump around the lawn, seeing the butterflies fluttering around the flowers, picking herbs, fruits and vegetables to use in my cooking. This summer we have had so much rain that I haven't done this as much as I would have liked. Also I know that when I get busy, I miss out on seeing these small details.

I was going to do an upclose look at some of the details from my garden but instead I decided to do a piece called "Making the time to smell the flowers". This is a reminder to me to take the time to be in the 'NOW' and experience the little details in life. Sometimes we have to remember to look at the world through our inner child's eyes and experience the excitement and wonder of our beautiful world.

No comments: