Tuesday 19 February 2008

Monoprinting Class and Feb TIF Update

I've started the online monoprinting class with Susan Sorrell on Joggles. I haven't had my supplies so I've been playing with acrylic paint and textile medium. The first week was sunprinting and glue batik. I didn't have the right paint for the sunprinting so I experimented with the glue batik.

For this first one I didn't water the paint down enough so it didn't go through the fabric. But I love the colours but it has a strange feel to it - not sure how this would sew. I'll have to try it and find out.


I watered the paint right down for this one and then mixed it with the textile medium and this soaked throught the fabric. In this one I varied the amount of glue used which made some lines more subtle.


This is the piece of fabric that was underneath while I was putting the paint on. It could be used like this or I could add stamping or other monoprinting.




These are my supplies of textile paints that arrived yesterday. I'll be able to play more now.

TIF update - I'm still slowly progressing on the Feb TIF. I've cut out my tree and working out my fabrics to use. I've run out of printer inks so have to get those so I can print out my photo and play around with the transfer techniques. Will have something to show by next week.

2 comments:

Susan D said...

I'm behind with my lessons as well, may have a go this afternoon I need to do some patterned fabric for my C & G course. BTW thanks for stopping by my blog. Isn't it amazing how we can meet people from the other side of the world that we would not usually have contact with.

Barbara said...

Thanks for visiting Susan and leaving a comment. Yes it is great being able to meet people from all over the world and see everyones work. I checked out more of your monoprinting on your blog and have left a comment there.