Sunday 6 January 2008

RAIN RAIN AND MORE RAIN!!!

Well, its been raining since Boxing Day. Some days the rain has been on and off and other days raining all day and night. Yesterday we finally had some sun and its become very muggy. This morning was fine but the rains back again now. There's been a low off the coast which has caused all the rain and some bad flooding in our surrounding areas. In the worst flooded areas they had over 300 mm of rain in one night. It is the worst flood in 50 years in these areas. A different river flows through our town and it has been up as well, alot of the country roads around have been flooded but the town has been fine. The towns down the river are supposed to have major flooding by tomorrow morning. Floods are a dreadful thing, I feel sorry for all the people affected.

I've been working on a design for my TIF Challenge piece but nothing to show yet.


Today I did this hand needled felt piece. I haven't decided yet what I will do with it. I've been thinking I will do free motion stitching all over it and then make it into a felted purse. Not sure yet.

The colours look abit washed out in this photo, they look abit more vibrant in real life.

No comments: