Wednesday 2 January 2008

I finished one of my UFO's

I finally finished one of my UFO's that has been waiting patiently for me to finish it off. It is an embroidery piece I started last year for Sharon B's Sumptuous Surfaces Joggles class. I ended up unpicking the stitching that I started in the left hand corner. I liked the contrast of leaving this area with no stitching.



Well, this is a good start as I plan to make 2008 a "doing" year for me. I want to create more, get back into doing yoga and the big one - lose weight. So instead of thinking about these things too much, I'm just going to jump right in and do it - well that's the plan anyway.

My last post "Happy New Year" was actually done on New Years Eve but has come up as 30th December. I think I had my time zone wrong, so I've been in and edited it so hopefully this comes up with the right date. Its been exciting each day checking my blog and seeing how many people have been dropping in and also seeing all the places that you are all from. I'm really excited about doing the TIF Challenge as I'm hoping to get to know lots of people from all over the world and seeing all the wonderful creative work you all do.

I have started thinking about the TIF Challenge but will put that in another post.

1 comment:

MargB said...

Hi Barbara
I found your page after your comment on my blog. Thankyou. I like how you have finished this piece. it worked really well. That was a fantastic class - the lessons and the people involved. They certainly encouraged me to continue stitching and what an adventure that has been.

Cheers
MargB