Saturday 26 January 2008

Australia Day

Nothing new to report on the TIF Challenge, I'm still stitching away whenever I get a chance. Hoping to finish on time before the end of the month.

Today is Australia Day and its a long weekend. I work all weekend though. I don't mind because we hadn't planned to do anything this weekend anyway and its also good pay for the weekend and public holiday.

I was sick for a few days this week so I couldn't do the treadmill on those days, but I'm getting back into it. School goes back this week, my 6 year old can't wait to see all his friends again.

Sad news about Heath Ledger dying. It was too young to die. Maybe he was only meant to be on earth for such a short time to inspire and leave his mark on the world. Its sad for his daughter, family and friends.

Also, there was Sir Edmund Hilary's funeral last week. What a full, meaningful and interesting life he had. It was raining on the day of his funeral and in a news report they said that the Mauri people have a saying that when a notable (or honourable) soul died that the earth wept. I'm not sure if I got the wording of this exactly right. But I think it was beautiful.

Also I loved the quote for today - "Peace begins with a smile" - Mother Teresa.

No comments: