Sunday 7 December 2008

Australia - The Movie

I went and saw the movie Australia last night with one of my friends and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We laughed and cried. It had great scenery as well. I loved Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman and the little Aboriginal boy. It was just an enjoyable entertaining movie.

I have been sick of hearing all the bad reviews over the last few weeks since it came out. Also I think they went abit overboard in criticising Nicole Kidman. I think she is a great actress. I also read a blog (I forget which one now) that went on and on about how bad they thought the movie was and picking everything to pieces. I do respect other peoples opinions but I think its abit much the way some people go on. Of course not everyone is going to like the movie, or any movie in that case. But I think it's enough just to say they didn't like the movie. So many people seem to just look for negatives. You could sit back and just pick everything to pieces in life as nothing is ever going to be perfect or exactly how you would do something yourself.

Anyway, enough of that....just expressing my opinion.

I've got a busy week this week - my son's school Christmas concert is on and a few Christmas parties to go to. Christmas is a nice time of the year. My son, Dylan, is 7 and is still wrapped up in the magic of Santa. I did a little surprise for him the other night. We were watching The Polar Express and in a commercial I snuck out of the room without him realising what I was doing. At the end of the movie when he went to bed there was a big red round bell on his bed with a note that said - "This is a spare bell from the sleigh for your Christmas Tree, Love Santa." He loved it so much, he was abit too excited to go to bed. If you haven't seen the movie - the boy in the movie gets a bell from Santa's sleigh for Christmas. Anyway Dylan has been telling everyone about it. Its fun doing little things like this - I hope it is something he will remember.

4 comments:

Judy said...

I have 2 friends who have seen "Australia": the wife said it was brilliant, and her husband rolled his eyes and felt it was too long. I cannot wait to see it, partly because I have so many internet friends who live in your wonderful country!

I love your Mixed Media pieces and have decided I need to take Janes class through Joggles. Thanks for giving me the push in that direction.

xo

Barbara said...

Hi Judy, thanks for leaving a comment. I think Australia would probably appeal to women more than men. Hope you enjoy it when you see it. The new lot of Joggles classes usually comes out in January I think. I've done quite a few with different instructors and I've enjoyed every one of them.
Take care.

Art4Sol said...

Maybe I'll check this movie out...sounds like a good one.
Darlene

Barbara said...

I hope you like it Darlene.