Thursday 4 September 2008

August TIF - Finished

August TIF Challenge - Balance
So here is my finished August TIF piece. I was thinking of adding more to the background but I think I like it the way it is. I like how the Shisha embroidery turned out, but I think I should have totally filled the paisley shapes in with embroidery and then did the Shisha embroidery over the top of that. I don't think the blue background behind the Shisha's works very well. Anyway, we live and learn. The gold thread that I used in this looks really dull in the scan but its actually a sparkly gold thread. I really enjoyed doing this so it might lead me onto doing some more at some stage.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This piece is beautiful, I love the colors and the way you used the paisley. Very niece composition.

Tanguera said...

This evolved very nicely. Lovely piece.

verobirdie said...

You did a great job on that one! beautiful§

Barbara said...

Thank you Tyanne, Tanguera and Verobirdie for looking at my blog and leaving some lovely comments.

Jane LaFazio said...

I love this. I want to wear it!

Barbara said...

Thanks Jane.

Art4Sol said...

Very nice paisleys. I've been intrigued with them lately. I've been looking for patterns, etc. I purchased some mirrors awhile ago thinking of learning to embroidered around them. Yours are a great inspiration.
Darlene

Barbara said...

Thanks for your comments art4sol. On flickr there is a group called Shisha Embroidery - http://www.flickr.com/groups/shishaembroidery/
This group has lots of inspirational shisha embroidery work on it and also a tutorial. You should look at it if you haven't seen it already.

Art4Sol said...

Thanks for the lead on Shisha embroidery. I will definitely look into it. Also I like your book reviews...one can never have enough books or supplies.
Darlene

Barbara said...

Hi Darlene, thanks for your comment about my book reviews. Good to meet another book and stash-a-holic.